Hey guys! I have to tell you, I am so glad 2016 is over. Yeah, it wasn’t bad for me personally, but it was incredibly challenging socially and I’m hoping for a more positive twelve months for us all!
Of course, it being January 1st, we are all thinking about our goals for 2017. I know, I know…its become so typical pf things posted on January 1st. But the truth is, goals are so important to think about, write down, and attack. Without goals, you are just floating through life, waiting for things to happen to you instead of making things happen. So let’s hit it!
First, I need to reiterate how to create your SMART goals:
Specific – Goals should be simply written and clearly define what you are going to do
Measurable – Goals should be measurable so that you have tangible evidence that you have accomplished the goal.
Achievable – Goals should be achievable; they should stretch you slightly so you feel challenged, but defined well enough so that you can achieve them.
Results-focused – Goals should measure outcomes, not activities.
Time-bound – Goals should be linked to a timeframe that creates a practical sense of urgency.
Now, I’m not going to go into details here like I did on this post in 2015 (this was posted before my injury on January 22nd – who knew how much that would derail my progress), but I do want to give you an overall view of my plans (and make myself accountable.
- Increase post-injury fitness level (will be talking about this in more detail very soon)
- Complete the C25K program and be able to run a 5K under 30 minutes (follow my running reboot journey)
- Compete in at least 3 races
- JKF Run on the Runway 5K – April 9, 2017
- Spartan Race Citifield – May 13, 2017
- IronGirl Syracuse Triathlon – August 6, 2017
- Spartan Race Citizens Bank Park – October 7, 2017
- Volunteer for at least 1 event
- NYC Triathlon – July 16, 2017
- Quit my full-time job and be fully supported by my business
- Increase PT and class hours
- Get online training set up
- Attend 2 fitness conferences
- ECA 360 – March 2017
- Athletic Business Show – November 2017
- Increase Social Media following
- Complete website redesign
- Be more consistent with my blogging – at least twice per week
- Publish eBook
- Get YouTube channel going
And that’s about it. Of course, I have these in more detail on these on my vision board (will go into this in more detail soon), this is just a summary.
What are your goals for the next 12 months? Let me know below – post a link to your 2017 goals and I will make sure to check it out!
In the meantime…