Since there are now only 61 days left in 2014, I figure I should take a gander at the goals I set the last day of 2013 and see where I am.
Since I joined the 14 in 2014 Challenge, I will be completing 14 races next year. Reached on 10/11/2014
Be able to run the entire half-marathon distance. (current distance 6 miles)Reached on 3/22/2014 Complete a sub 30-minute 5K. (current PR is 32:45)Reached on 12/31/2013
- Complete 2 more triathlons, including my first Olympic distance triathlon.
- Complete a half-marathon in 2:11:05 or less (10 minute mile pace).
- Complete a 1.2 mile open water swim in under 32 minutes.
- Complete a 50-mile bike ride in under 3 hours.
Renew CPR certification. Completed on 8/19/2014.
- Earn 2 more certifications. Got my TRX Qualification in January.
- Complete my MS in Sports and Health Sciences.
Work toward some Ambassadorships.Got SweatPink and Fitfluential, amongst others this year.
- Have at least 6 articles published. Completed 1 article so far.
- Have at least 15 hours per week for personal training booked consistently.
- Work at least 10 hours per week teaching Group Fitness classes.
- Book at least 3 speaking engagements.
I had 15 goals this year. I only reached 5. That’s a 33% success rate. I still have 2 months to complete a few of these things. I can still publish some more articles, and maybe complete my Prenatal Certification. But my Plantar Fasciitis pretty much ruined any chances I had of getting to under 2:11 in the half marathon since I haven’t been able to train at all. And the only triathlon I tried, I got a DNF in. Yeah, its’ wasn’t a good year for multi-sport in my realm, but that’s okay.
I’m starting to work on my goals for 2015, and there are some major changes coming, personally and professionally. But in the end, all roads lead to positive things.
Now let me go end 2014 with a BANG!