Woohoo!!! I am always so amazed at how sharing and supportive the fitness community is.
I was so honored to have received The Liebster Award from a fellow Girls Gone Sporty ambassador and #teamstellar blogger, Christina from Body Rebooted.
Thank you so much lady!
The Liebster Award is an online award by bloggers for bloggers to help bring attention to new and upcoming bloggers, typically those with 200 followers or less – but any favorite blog you love will do!
Here’s how it works:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
10 questions for me:
- Who inspires you and why?
People who overcome extreme adversity.
- What song gets you pumped up to workout?
I am all about the beats and message when it comes to my workout songs. My favorites are “Step by Step” by Whitney Houston, “It’s not Over” by Daughtry, “If Today Was Your Last Day” by Nickelback, and “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark” by Fall Out Boy.
- What is on your bucket list?
To complete to Ironman 70.3 in Florida next year, take a surfing lesson, and hiking the Grand Canyon are a few items.
- What are your goals for 2014?
To make a positive change in at least 1 person’s life would make me incredibly happy.
- What is your favorite quote?
“There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” -Nelson Mandela. It’s my tagline.
- Name one thing that you can not do without.
- Share something we don’t already know about you.
I don’t think I’ve mentioned that I am an ovarian cancer survivor on this blog yet.
- Name one thing you really love about yourself.
My ability to overcome.
- If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
Something bad, I’m sure. LOL!
- If you could talk to your past self what would you say?
Figure out who you are before you decide to become someone else’s life partner.
My nominees: (this was an easy list because I chose people on my daily must reads list who hadn’t already been given this award and are lesser known bloggers).
- Donna at Beating Limitations
- Jamie at From Couch to Ironwoman
- Tom at Regular Healthy Competition
- Courtney at TriGirlChronicles
- Cynthia sat You Signed Up For What?
- Heather at Divas Run For Bling
- Cristina at Triathlon Mami
- Charity Sophia at The Lone Velo
- Krishna at Baobab Wellness
Wait, that’s all I’ve got. Welp, these are some of the blogs I read that I love. Why mess with perfection.
My 10 questions for you:
- What is the one thing you are most proud of in life?
- What is the second thing you are most proud of in life?
- Is there are race that you are planning to do or want to do that terrifies you? Why?
- When you die, what do you want there to be in heaven, besides your loved ones?
- How many pairs of fitness shoes do you own?
- Do you follow a special diet, ie. Vegan, Paleo, etc?
- What has been your most surprising moment in your athletic career?
- Do you prefer to race alone or with a friend or a group?
- What is the first race (or workout, if you are not a racer) you ever did?
- What has been your favorite race (or workout) you’ve ever done?
And that is it folks. I love that we can share our favorite blogs around in this manner. The fitness, running, triathlon, (and whatever else) community we have here is so incredible. I am excited and proud just to simply be a part of it.